How can we help?
People are lonely, searching, have questions. Listen without interruption. Show compassion. Give, as you can. Pray. One of the greatest ways to serve our neighbors is to pray and to listen.
A list of needs and ways to help, serve, or give to "helping" ministries is available below. As well, there is STILL a critical need for blood so, give, if you can.
Every Ministry is hurting for operational dollars to remain functional.
The needs list and links to give remain below.
1. BACKPACK MINISTRY FOOD AND SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE runs through September 13 but you can continue to give online towards food supplies throughout the year.
2. MOBILE MEALS thanks you! Green Street responded so we have both regular delivery help as well extras. You're the best! Any further questions: email@example.com
3. NEW LIFE FAMILY OUTREACH appreciates the diaper (sizes 4-6) and wipe donations. There’s also a need for operational monetary donations.
New Life Family Outreach provides Christ-centered mentoring, practical support, and prayer for those experiencing challenges related to pregnancy, abortion, or abuse. You can ship the diapers and wipes directly to 416 Gatewood Avenue, High Point 27262, drop them in their breeze way or you can, instead, donate to them directly by clicking here.
4. OPEN DOOR MINISTRY appreciates your generous gifts of food. At this time, the greatest need is for operational monetary donations. Give online by clicking here.
5. WEST END MINISTRIES & LESLIE'S HOUSE WOMEN'S SHELTER appreciates your gifts to them for both the Food Bank and Women’s Shelter. The needed goods list remains the same. There’s also a need for operational monetary donations.
Their current needs for the West End Food Pantry (drop off M-F 9am-4pm) and Leslie's House (drop off M-F 9am-6pm, any day):
- Click here for their Amazon Wish List of needed items
- Or, instead, you can also donate to them online by clicking here.
- Also, they need volunteers to "staff" the food pantry and give out food during food pantry dates and during their Thursday meal time.
West End Ministries provides a Women's Homeless-transitional Shelter Program (Leslie's House), a Women's Emergency Winter Shelter (open Dec. 1 - Apr. 1), Food Pantry, Feeding on Thursday night (to-go boxes now), and more.
6. The AMERICAN RED CROSS are taking available precautions and there is a great need for blood. You can sign up to give (make an appointment) by clicking here.
7. IF THERE ARE OTHER FOOD NEEDS, of which we are aware, they are being met by Della Culler Benevolence Fund donations.
Last, we wanted to provide a link should you or someone you know need food. Click here for the Greater High Point Food Resources listing or here for the High Point Food Alliance. And, as always, please contact us if we can help. Click here to submit a prayer request or email us.
We are joining you in prayer and in reaching out to our family, friends and neighbors through phone calls, messages, cards and visits. Pray for leaders; medical personnel; the sick and vulnerable; first responders; teachers and students; grocery store, gas station, pharmacy, restaurant workers; all helping; all with fears and needs; our city, state and nation; all who don't know Jesus.