You can be a supportive member of High Point Community Against Violence:
· Understand that HPCAV’s Number One Goal, Purpose and Focus is a SAFE COMMUNITY for everyone.
· Learn about our Violent Crime Reduction Strategy so you understand how they do what they do. www.hpcav.com/about/hpcav-strategy/
· Attend a monthly meeting. They meet the second Wednesday of every month at 8:30am at the High Point Police Department, 1009 Leonard Street in High Point. You are welcome to come and listen, learn and ask questions about what they do, how they do it and why. Changes to the meeting time or location will be posted on their Facebook page. www.facebook.com/HPCAV/
· Attend Call-ins. There are 4 Violent Crime Task Force Call-ins each year and 2 to 4 Domestic Violence Call-ins. You do not have to say or do anything. Your PRESENCE adds to the “moral voice” of the community. Next date: August 21, 6pm-7:30pm. See their Events Page for Call-in dates. www.hpcav.com/upcoming-events
· Participate in neighborhood responses. HPCAV volunteers team with Police Department officers and go door to door, handing out information and reassuring residents that crime is not going unnoticed!
· Donate funds to assist clients who are working to change their lives.
· Keep your neighborhood strong! Be active in your neighborhood watch group or start a neighborhood watch in your area.
· Use your skills and experiences to train our clients. If you have the authority to hire, we would like to talk to you about our clients who would be quality candidates.
· Keep up with what is going on via our Facebook page. Share that information with others. www.facebook.com/HPCAV/
· Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (office) 336-886-5723