Green Street Children's weekly activities are alive, fun, Bible-focused and Christ-centered gatherings in a welcoming and safe environment.
Life Groups are the most important component of the Sunday morning experience. These are grade-specific groups where children connect with the same friends, same Life Group Volunteers (a.k.a., teachers) - EVERY SUNDAY! The consistency in our teachers is a great tool to help impact your children and families in connecting here at Green Street.
We are laying a solid foundation of Biblical truths found in the Word of God with age appropriate lessons from Truth:78 children's curriculum.
Treasuring up God’s word in our hearts is a big part of what we encourage and celebrate at Green Street with the goal of making disciples of all nations.
Here’s what a “typical” Sunday session looks like:
- Check In and Drop Off – Adults are encouraged to check in their child at one of our check-in stations at the UpStreet Welcome desk. You will receive a printed nametag for your child to wear that corresponds with the security tag you will receive. The security tag enables you to pick them up.
- Large Group – During the beginning of each session, all children and Life Group Volunteers gather in the UpStreet Clubhouse for lively song and praise along with a deep Nugget of Truth. The Nugget of Truth is a Bible question which children have asked previously and is answered by one of our large group leaders.
- Small Group – Life Group Volunteers and children return to their classrooms to unpack a Bible lesson in a more personal age-specific context which includes prayer, Bible skills and time in the Word together.
- Pickup – Children and Life Group Volunteers wait in their rooms for parents to arrive. Life Group Volunteers release children to parents who present the security tag which was printed for you at check-in.
Green Street Children has an exciting Wednesday evening featuring our very own Awana Club! We meet on the Upstreet Hallway from 6:15 pm- 7:30 pm, September - May. During the summer months, when Awana is not in session, other programming is planned.
The goal of the Awana midweek ministry is sinking scripture into the hearts and minds of our kids, 3 years old through 5th grade. We think one of the most important gifts we can give to the next generation is a deep and lasting knowledge of God’s Word. Awana is designed to partner with parents in cultivating this in the lives of our kids through an exciting, weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand.
Here’s what a “typical” Awana Session looks like:
- Check In and Drop Off – Accompany your children to one of the check-in stations at the UpStreet Desk and drop them off in their small group room.
- Small Group – (Awana clubbers begin in age group rooms for their specific club on Upper and Lower C hallways. Cubbies will stay on Upper C hallway. Sparks and T&T clubs will rotate from Refuge for game time to small and large group time on UpStreet hallway.
- Large Group – All children and Awana Volunteers gather in the Clubhouse for lively song and praise, Bible lesson, prayer and a large group message related to the Gospel.
- Small Group & Game Rotation – Awana Volunteers and children return to their rooms to expand on the large group message in a more personal age specific context. This period is also a time where the children are able to pass off their verses in small group time and learn together. Game time is in the Refuge and teaches them to work and play together in teams.
- Pickup – Children and Awana Volunteers return to their small group rooms to wait for parents to pick them up after they have received AWARDS together. Awana Volunteers release children to parents who present a “Pickup” tag matching their child’s nametag.
- Treasuring up God’s word in our hearts is a big part of what we encourage and celebrate at Green Street. We are excited for all the Lord has in store for us as we reach the nations with the gospel right here at our own backdoor!
Everyday at Home
What happens every day at home has the potential to impact a child’s faith much more than what happens during our Sunday and Wednesday gatherings at Green Street. That said, what happens at Green Street is critically important, too. But we recognize God’s primary time and place for shaping children’s faith is every day at home. God has given parents the precious role of being the primary disciple-makers in their own home. We the church, must partner with the home to have the greatest impact of lives of children and families in today’s world.
That’s what God communicates to parents in this passage:
“. . . these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 6:6, 7
Since we recognize parents’ primary role in this privileged, yet enormous task, Green Street Children's Ministry is committed to support, equip and encourage you along the way. One of the main ways we do this is by preparing excellent weekly experiences for your children and keeping you informed and integrated into what’s happening. For example, each week we communicate with you through a weekly email to parents and families on Thursday afternoons. We also encourage you to use the take home pages, distributed to your children each Sunday and Wednesday, to help in continuing conversations of growing in Christ. Another way we do this is by providing or pointing you to resources that will help you raise children with enduring and thriving Christian faith. Please see the Resources page for available materials.