Love for the City: Community Housing Solutions
April 29 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
Around the city, you may see this one-day event partnership between Community Housing Solutions, Housing Consultants Group, the City of High Point and volunteers as titled OperationInAs Much. This one-day event is focused on home repairs and neighborhood revitalization in the Southside Neighborhood of High Point.
Would you like to serve on a team? There is on-site training. We love this organization!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 8:30am-3:30pm (deadline to register March 31)
Who can serve: We need teams of 10 or more volunteers to help in this amazing day of service to help our neighbors in High Point (no experience necessary).
Group participants must be 14 and older. CHS provides gloves, safety gear and tools, but bringing additional tools is always appreciated. Sign up below. And, click here to print a waiver to fill out.
What: Common examples of jobs performed –
- Installing grab bars and other safety features for people who are elderly or disabled.
- Bathroom & kitchen repairs.
- Repairing water damaged floors and installing new flooring.
- Building wheel chair ramps and other accessibility modifications. Installing locks, weatherizing and repairing windows and doors.
- Repairing exterior damage and painting homes.
- Repairing or replacing roofs. (youth would not be allowed on roofs)